Saturday, August 20, 2011

Be Like A Glow Stick

I heard an awesome quote from 89.7 WMHK's positive thoughts for the day the other day that I thought I'd share on our blog.


"Lord, I wanna be like a glow stick. Bend me and break me till Your light shines through me." -Savannah's prayer

Not sure who Savannah is, but I'm sure she's a child. It amazes me at how shameless children are about sharing their faith and God! I've found myself censoring what I'd like to do or say because I'm worried about offending someone who may not believe the same thing I do. I'm fine with it if you don't believe in Jesus, or God, or the Spirit, but I can't let it stop me from living what I believe and spreading the love of God to everyone.

I remember my faith as a child. It was strong. I was on fire. I wanted more. Like I want now. I want to teach Kirkland to have that strong faith. I love that child-like innocence when it comes to loving God and telling people about Him. My goal for this week is to learn how to be shameless and child-like in faith.


"Mommy when I went under, the water was like total peace. The whole world stopped and it was just me and God." Grace Potvin via 89.7 on her recent baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment