Friday, August 26, 2011

My Child

My child. I don't know where she gets that little attitude from. At 9 months she has the attitude of a 16 year old.

Lovely.

I can't imagine what that child is going to be like when she is 16! At least we have a little over 15 years to work on her. Although, she does listen to her daddy very well. Sounds like I'll be using a lot of "Do you want me to tell your daddy?"
That one got me every time.

Last week, she was playing in the kitchen floor while I was loading the dishwasher when I saw her headed to the trash can.

"Kirkland, are you about to mess with the trash can?"
She turns and looks at me with a little grin. Who am I kidding? I'm asking a 9 month old if she's about to mess with that shiney silver trash can sitting there screaming for her to touch it!
I watched her grab that trash bag with those little fingers.
"No, Kirkland! Don't play with the dirty trash can!"
From the look the gave me, you'd have thought I had yelled at her or threatened her life or something!
Of course I had to document this! This is a picture right after I told her "no."


Then, she started drying it up because she saw I wasn't kidding. Notice the big alligator tears down her cheeks.



Of course, I had to laugh. I guess it hurt her feelings to have mommy laugh at her during this sensitive time. This is the look I got...


Just in case you can't tell, my little stinker gets her way...a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment