Saturday, September 10, 2011

Growing up is hard...on mommy

Kirkland changes daily.
She learns new words.
Surprises us with new tricks.
She looks like she grows an inch a day. (And somehow still in her 6-9 months clothes depending on the brand.)

I can't get over how quickly my little baby that loved to be swaddled and rocked has turned into an independent, curious little girl. This time last year, we were still preparing for her to come. Now, we've started talking about her first birthday party (which is going to be TONS of fun, by the way!).

She amazes me at the things she can do now. Her favorite new things are cruising from place to place, throwing/rolling a ball back and forth, and "reading" her books-- mostly upside down and backwards, but it still counts.

Kirkland likes to mimick and repeat what she hears now too. She'll usually randomly say words that she hears us say and then won't say them again when you try to coax her into it, but the other day she mimicked Jordon saying "baby" and now every other word is "baby." Since she can't say "grandpa" yet she resorts to "papa" and she loves to go to my parents' house and pet the "pup pups" or "doggie," as she'll say every now and then. Other than that and her usual "mama, dada" and other few words she babbles all the time, especially when she's reading her books to herself.

We're slowly moving away from prepared baby foods, too! I'm so excited that K can share a meal with us now. As Jordon says, she eats "legit" food, like my mom's chicken and dumplings and green peas Monday night for dinner. I try to make foods that she can eat also at dinner time (if I get dinner done before her dinner time).

She's even doing so well with a sippy cup that we're doing a trial this weekend of no bottle...at all. It doesn't seem to make a difference to her so far. At least we could be a step ahead since Dr. Haile wants her to be off the bottle by 12 months.

I have to say that I love "mommyhood" and watching all the exciting things that my sweet girl is learning. I just wish I could slow time down a little so we could enjoy this stage a little longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment