Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What are we gonna do?!

It's the little things in life that make me so excited such as my new dishwasher (early Christmas present for J and I thanks to my parents!). I think Kirkland got a kick out of watch daddy and grandpa try to replace the old one with our new cool one. It was quite entertaining watching her mimick what my dad was doing. He'd look under the dishwasher and get up and next thing you see is Kirkland's little butt in the air with her face on the floor trying to look too!

Within the past week Kirkland has learned to pick her nose. Yuck! I don't know where she got it from and I try not to laugh at seeing my 10 month old with her finger up her nose. The good news is she's learning to share--you can see where this is going! I had her in the bathroom with me while I was taking a bath and she stands at the side of the tub, sticks her finger up her nose, then offers her little finger to me like "Here mommy. It's for you!" Of course she's giggling as she's doing this. I thought, "Oh my gosh, I can see her doing this in church or at day care or preschool!" For now I'm trying the "gross/that's not nice/we don't do that" approach to breaking that kind of "sharing."

We're also on day #5 of no bottle with success! Matter of fact, she doesn't seem to even miss her bottle and hasn't made any fuss over using the sippy cup at all. It may seem too soon, but our pediatrician wants her off the bottle by 12 months and she was down to only having a bottle at bedtime. So far so good! We just have to buy more sippy cups that she likes so we don't have to wash a load of sippy cups every night. Only problem is in our search for "the right" cup we've probably bought about $100 to $150 worth of unliked cups. I'm hoping she'll get to the point of liking them; if not then we have a cabinet full of sippy cups for sale! Haha

I'm trying to think of fun things to do with Kirkland on my days off (without beating that activity to death!). I've been doing some looking and the public library in Camden has a story time for kids under 2 years old on Thursdays. Luckily, I'm off this Thursday so I'm thinking we may have her first trip to the library. Have I mentioned how much she loves books?! This girl will sit still (yes, in one spot!) for 20 to 30 minutes "reading" her books! I hope she still likes books by the time high school rolls around!

No comments:

Post a Comment